Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12-Months
Job Posting: 2nd August, 2017, 1:28:16 PM
Closing Date: 1st September, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Nigeria-Sokoto
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
–> To establish AFP surveillance for monitoring wild polio-virus transmission;
–> To interrupt wild polio-virus transmission and achieve polio eradication in Nigeria;
–> To strengthen routine immunization and reduce morbidity and mortality from vaccine preventable diseases;
–> To achieve accelerated disease control through supplemental activities e.g. measles SIAs;
–>To strengthen integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
–> Establish a reporting network to strengthen AFP surveillance;
–> Provide technical support in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of supplemental immunization activities (e.g. polio, measles etc.) to improve quality;
–> Provide technical support in planning, implementation and monitoring of routine immunization activities to increase coverage;
–> Provide technical support in planning and monitoring of integrated disease surveillance and response activities.
Essential: Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB, MD)
Desirable: Post graduate degree in Public Health preferably in epidemiology or other related public health fields
Essential: Some years field experience in EPI activities after post graduate qualification in government or non-governmental organizations
Desirable: Experience in an international organization
The incumbent should have knowledge and skills in planning, supervision, monitoring and evaluation.
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Driving the Organization’s Position in Health Leadership
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French.
Desirable: The above language requirements are interchangeable.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 18,590,296 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- cational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.